Monday 25 June 2007

Vemma diary: week four

Monday 25 June 2007

Although not unusual, I have been migraine free for three weeks. Fantastic. But, something strange has happened to my hair. It has become thicker, softer and shinier! And no I haven’t changed my shampoo. It must be the Vemma. As I noted in my first post; thousands of years ago in India traditional ayurvedic doctors used the rind of mangosteen to maintain healthy eyes, skin and hair. And it seems I am following in their footsteps. Result.

Hairy thought
I am always learning new things about migraine – often from fellow sufferers. On the Vemma testimonials page, for example, a lady from Ohio noticed that her hair goes limp and lifeless during and after an attack: “Even my hair hurt and my hair dresser told me many times that it not only straightened the permanent wave out of my hair, my hair lost life for a period of time after a headache.” So the last time I had a migraine, I made a point of noting the state of my hair, and sure enough I had a bad hair day for several days afterwards.
Now I could say I would be interested to find out if Vemma helps with the condition of my hair the next time a migraine strikes, but of course that would be silly because I am hoping Vemma will help keep my migraine at bay. Now that would be a result!

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Wow, I know migraine wreaks all sorts of havoc on the body, but had no idea it could affect your hair.

I'm really your blog and have tagged you with a meme - for six weird things about you. http://www.thedailyheadache.com/2007/06/weird_things.html

I hope you'll participate!

Kerrie